Golden Gate Bridge Highway and Transportation District – Novato Bus Facility site – groundwater characterization and hydrogeologic assessment
As the prime consultant, BAI performed environmental and geotechnical investigations at the Golden Gate Bridge Highway and Transportation District – Novato Bus Facility. The Novato Bus facility is located at the north end of Novato adjacent to the Highway 101 right of way. BAI performed an environmental and geotechnical investigation for remedial design to remove residual petroleum hydrocarbon contamination. This investigation included a geotechnical study for design parameters for a large soil excavation, sheet pile support walls, dewatering characteristics and foundation support. Additionally, BAI manages multiple subcontractors including drillers, civil engineers, structural engineers, surveyors, utility locators and many others. BAI provides direct communication and project coordination with the Golden Gate project lead engineer.
Project aspects include:
- Researching available pertinent reports and existing data for the site;
- Project planning and coordination including timelines, gantt charts, budgeting for a public agency and public record documentation;
- Continual monitoring of site conditions, both above ground and subsurface;
- Prepare survey drawings of the site including topographical, boundary, utilities and drainage;
- Conducting subsurface geotechnical, environmental and hydrological investigations including drilling by direct push, hydropunch, hollow-stem auger and CPT borings.
- Preparing detailed construction drawings and assisting the district with preparing bid packets for construction.
- Assisting with all permitting and reporting requirements with local and state agencies including project coordination with Caltrans.